Monday, October 20, 2008

Packaging

1. Packaging is extremely important when it comes to marketing a product. It is the first thing people see, and it usually the first thing associated with a specific product. I think it can make or break a product.
Recently I was looking at new headphones to buy, and I decided not to buy them based on the packaging. I had researched them online and thought they would be perfect, but mediocre packaging swayed my opinion in the end.
2. I think that apple product packaging is iconic. It is simple, clean, and evocative, and it is easily recognized by people everywhere.
3. Usability issues like practicality, durability, ability to convey a message, and cost of production exist for packaging.
Good packaging from a usability perspective- sigg water bottles
Bad packaging from a usability perspective- computer cables in thick plastic packages etc.

No comments: